Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hello my hungry friends!

I hope you are having a pleasant week...it's a little chilly outside, huh?

The menu for next week is...

Meal 1

Traditional Chicken Pot Pie and Watercress salad with Toasted Pecans and Dried Cranberries.

I made a chicken pot pie a while back and was not super happy with the recipe so I did some research and this one looks yummy and had a ton of great reviews. My sister-in-law also cooked it and said it was a very good recipe. I am also going to try and find a jumbo muffin pan so I can make these as individual pot pies. I love it when I have an excuse to buy kitchen stuff! ( The real reason I am making Chicken Pot Pie:)

Meal 2

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo with white rice and Potato Salad

One of my very pregnant friends requested this so I am putting it on the menu. You can't say no to a pregnant momma, right?!
O.k. if you are not sure what Gumbo is...Google it.

Meal 3

Smothered Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes and stewed green beans.

I have been wanting to do pork chops for a while and this is a recipe that reminds me of the way I ate pork chops when I lived in Mississippi, so I am going for it. I was looking for some unique sides that have not been on the menu before but these pork chops have a gravy so how could I not pair them with mashed potatoes and so far everyone has really liked the stewed green beans with bacon, onions and rotel tomatoes.(These are a little spicy)

If you are interested in one or all of these meals please order by Friday at midnite, but the sooner the better!

E-mail me at celeciaheardmartinez@ymail.com ( I know it is a realllly long e-mail address!)

Adults $5
Children under 7 $2

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail or text me!

Thanks!
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment